Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pseudoteaching

There is some talk on the blogersphere about Pseudoteaching. I like the topic and the questions it raises. Check out Dan Meyer's blog and follow his links for more discussion.

In related news, this got me thinking more about a discussion I had with some of my students today. They were asking why I make their life so difficult and how I like to "torture" them. This is referring to how I don't answer questions, but I make the students answer their own questions. Those conversations and then reading about PT got me thinking, "am I PT?"

I thought I liked the comment and "complaints," but now I have to think about them more.

1 comment:

  1. We don't want to spoonfeed students. That is PT. You are making students answer their own questions. That is real teaching! Students complain because it is new to them and they have to think. Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete